(no subject)

Brendan Grossman brendan at grossman.id.au
Thu Dec 4 02:00:55 CST 2003

On Thursday 04 December 2003 13:07, skyrocker67 at yahoo.com wrote:

> ok i have debian linux installed but gnucash is v1.6.x
> if i install it and then download the latest gnucash
> will it run or will it crash?

Make a temp backup of your /etc/apt/sources.list file (like sources.list.old)
and then rm the original. Then run apt-setup and add a HTTP/FTP method and
choose a server etc. Then edit the new sources.list file and change all
occurences of 'stable' to 'unstable', then run 'apt-get update', then
'apt-get install gnucash', and it should update to the latest without
breaking anything. BTW the latest in unstable is 1.87 and it runs fine for
me. When you finished installing it mv the backup sources.list.old file to
its orginal and then run 'apt-get update' again.