Compiling/installing gnucash-1.8.1: an oddity

Chris Vine chris at cvine.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Feb 19 23:02:57 CST 2003

On Wednesday 19 February 2003 8:18 pm, Derek Atkins wrote:

[snip]

> Ahh... Are you setting LIBRARY_PATH when you do this?  See the RPM Spec
> file for an example, but you need to do something like:
>
>         env LIBRARY_PATH=/tmp/gnucash/lib:/tmp/gnucash/lib/gnucash make
> install DESTDIR=/tmp/gnucash

No, I don't do this.  I thought the Makefile's use of DESTDIR was intended to
get round the libtool bug without any further action being required.  I have
never had to do this with gnucash-1.6, or other packages.

This still doesn't get around the strangest part, that it compiles and
installs under Gnome, but not when compiled under windowmaker.

Is it possible that you and the other developers haven't come across this
because you all use Gnome?

Chris.