Install problem 1.7.7 - ERROR: In procedure dynamic-link

John Reynolds gnucash@reynj.fastmail.fm
Tue, 07 Jan 2003 09:06:00 -0500

So the latest in this saga is... I got ./configure to complete without
error. Had some trouble with make, but followed the advise of Thomas
Spahni in the "compiling gnc 1.7.7 on SuSE: success" post, and make
completed without error. I ran make check, and got the following:

***************************
make  check-TESTS
make[5]: Entering directory
`/opt/gnome/share/gnucash-1.7.6/src/gnc-module/test'
ERROR: In procedure dynamic-link:
ERROR: file not found
  test-load-c.c: testing module load/unload from C ... FAIL: test-load-c
ERROR: In procedure dynamic-link:
ERROR: file not found
FAIL: test-load-scm
ERROR: In procedure dynamic-link:
ERROR: file not found
FAIL: test-gwrapped-c
ERROR: In procedure dynamic-link:
ERROR: file not found
FAIL: test-scm-module
ERROR: In procedure dynamic-link:
ERROR: file not found
FAIL: test-scm-multi
ERROR: In procedure dynamic-link:
ERROR: file not found
FAIL: test-load-deps
  test-modsysver.c: checking for a module we shouldn't find ...

** WARNING **: Failed to open module gnucash/futuremodsys

** WARNING **: : could not locate gnucash/futuremodsys interface v.0

  ok
PASS: test-modsysver
  test-incompatdep.c:  loading a module with bad deps ...

** WARNING **: Failed to open module gnucash/incompatdeps

** WARNING **: : could not locate gnucash/incompatdeps interface v.0

  ok
PASS: test-incompatdep
  test-agedver.c:  asking for an old but supported interface ...  ok
PASS: test-agedver
  test-dynload.c: testing dynamic linking of libgncmodule ... OK
PASS: test-dynload
  test-scm-dynload: testing dynamic-link of libgncmodule from Scheme.
PASS: test-scm-dynload
  test-scm-init: testing Scheme-only module system init.
ERROR: In procedure dynamic-link:
ERROR: file not found
FAIL: test-scm-init
====================
7 of 12 tests failed
====================
****************************

Chris Vine in post "running gnucash-1.7.7" reports a similar problem.
Although, he said he was able to get 1.7.6 working. I swiched back to my
1.7.6 sources, "./configure" , "make" , "make check" ... and get the same
results as for 1.7.7 after make check. I did a "make install" on the hope
that it would just work... well I'm sure you know how that turned out. no
good.

Any advise out there? Thank you so much, I would not be this far without
the kindness of the people on this list. I have learned many things
already that serve me in other areas/programs for my linux machine. Thank
you.

John