calculating within transactions?

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Jul 7 16:48:55 CDT 2003

Yes and no.  There is no way to "store" an equation in a regular
transaction.  You can enter a simple formula into the register, but
the resulting value is what is retained, not the equation.

Your best bet is to use the scheduled transactions, where the formula
actually IS stored.  But be warned that there are lots of problems
with the scheduled transactions and in particular auto-posting.

-derek