Gnucash Help: URL not found

Theo. Sean Schulze tschulze at teamfinders.org
Tue Jul 8 22:49:37 CDT 2003

Hello,

Within the last couple of days, the question was posed on this list as to how to get help working.  The poster noted that he got an error message that the URL was not found.  The answer came back, "Install the gnucash docs package as well."

OK, is there a separate docs package?  According to the install file, 'make install' will "install the programs and any data files and documentation."  I am assuming that along with the man pages, the help files for the online help would be included in "documentation."  I configured with --enable-html-docs and did a 'make install'.  Since --enable-doxygen is defaulted to yes, and since I have doxygen installed on my system, the help files should work, right?

I thought that there might be a separate gnucash-docs-1.8.4.tar.gz that needed to be compiled separately, but I don't see it on the sourceforge site.

So, how do I get the online help to work?

Cheers,
Sean

--
Theo. Sean Schulze