Searching for list topics via google site:gnucash.org ...

Jim Stead jstead1 at twcny.rr.com
Tue Jul 8 18:11:10 CDT 2003

On Tuesday 08 July 2003 01:09 pm, Bill Suit wrote:
> Thanks to Bill W. and Jim for their input. Jim I'll try to
> implement some of the things you've written about shortly.
>
> However, I still feel there are some shortcomings in the google
> method of searching the gnucash.org site.
>
> For example, on Sun Jun 22 00:28:15 CDT 2003, Derek Atkins
> responded to an email entitled  "Changing Accounts". When I enter
> this search info:
>
> site:gnucash.org Changing Accounts
>
> I get 10 or more pages of listings, not one of which lists Derek's
> post or any other posing from the gnucash-user at lists.gnucash.org
> list.
>
> So, again, is something wrong here? TIA, Bill

I don't believe google would pick up on posts in the mailing list.
Google searches the web and usenet.  The mailing list is on neither.
If you want to search previous, you can look at previous posts here:
www.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/
or you can download the whole archive:
http://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user.mbox/gnucash-user.mbox