2 questions on stock prices

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Jul 18 11:48:19 CDT 2003

Jon Lapham <lapham at extracta.com.br> writes:

> Hmmm, tried this, didn't work.  Maybe I'm doing something wrong.  I
> set the fraction of a stock to 1/10000 then entered a price of 1.001
> in the register window, the 1.001 turned into "1".
>
> But, if I enter a price of 1.01, it correctly displays "1.01".
>
> Oh, I guess that is because the commodity of the "price" is some
> money, not the stock itself.  Is there a way to change the fraction of
> the money commodity?

There are two sets of "fractions" you need to keep in mind.  There is
the commodity fraction and the account fraction.  I'll note that the
"price" is controlled by neither, and generally should have a fraction
of 100000.  However, there are multiple places where "math" is taking
place -- it does look like something is being truncated.

Can you file a bug report with details?