.xac and .log files?

James Leone jleone at pacbell.net
Thu Jul 17 12:20:23 CDT 2003

Kevin Kempter wrote:

> in the directory where i saved my gnucash file I see a growing number
> of .xac and .log files the .xac files (i.e. GCdata.20030714162346.xac)
> are over 5meg each. What are these files for and can I delete them?

Be careful. I was using 1.8.4 and  when I saved ny file, it would not
save it using the same name, but instead it would save it as a randomly
named file _much like_ "GCdata.20030714162346.xac"

So when I reopened my file called james, it didn't have any of the
transactions I recorded, but when I opened my
"GCdata.20030714162346.xac"type file they were there.

I ended up renaming the file as james after deleting the original james
file.

James Leone