trouble with transaction reports

Srinivas V. srinivas85 at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 16 07:46:07 CDT 2003

hello

I used the gnucash 1.8.1-3 that came with RH 8 to record personal expenses
for a period of 2 months. When I tried to generate a transaction report for
the accounts, I got some error message (i.e. instead of the report, the
gnucash window said it was unable to generate the reports; I don't remember
the exact error message). I uninstalled this version completely and built
the sources of gnucash-1.8.4 that were available at the gnucash site. Now
when I try generating the transaction report, I get the error "No matching
transactions found, No transactions were found that match the given time
interval and account selection." I've repeatedly checked the period for
which the transaction reports are being generated. The period is "start of
this year" to "today". I can't figure out why it refuses to generate
reports. I've even tried different periods which do include the dates of my
transactions, but it still gives the same error. Some of the other reports
fail too e.g. when I try to generate the "expense barchart" or
"income/expense chart" I get the error "Unable to push bar chart".

Any suggestions ? Are these known bugs ??

      thanks

     srinivas