possible database coruption question

Jim Hartzell wa3uqd at nauticom.net
Thu Jun 19 20:42:11 CDT 2003

I am new to gnucash 2 months, great program. I am using version 1.8.1 on
RH9. I am not sure how to state the problem correctly, but here goes.
I had a power failure while gnucash was running (no UPS). Now when I
tried to run gnucash I get an error message that it cannot get a lock
that another user may have it open, clicking " open anyway " I get 2
corrupt windows, 1 has just a title bar the other is blank. clicking on
the "X" doesn't close them, I had to kill the gnucash process. Clicking
on create new file works, I created dummy accounts, they work fine. If I
do a file open from the dummy accounts on the original accounts same
problem.
Help. How do I fix this problem?
Jim