gnucash 1.8.2. build fails

Robert Belanger Robert.Belanger at Sun.COM
Wed Mar 26 13:32:59 CST 2003

derek,

Derek Atkins wrote:

> Robert Belanger <Robert.Belanger at Sun.COM> writes:
>
> > > Are you building this on Solaris or some other OS?
> >
> > I am building on my trusty laptop.. a Dell Latitude XPi 90 with 40
> > megs and a 4gig hd
> > dual booting W98 and RH 6.2
>
> RH6.2?  That's rather old.  Our base platform for gnucash-1.8 was RH7.3.
> It's quite possible that you have a LOT of "too-old" libraries on your
> system....

Well I must admit that it has taken me a couple of weeks to upgrade...
:-)

Guppi-0.40.2
ORBit-0.5.17
bonobo-1.0.22/
freetype-2.0.9/
g-wrap-1.3.4/
gal-0.23/
gdk-pixbuf-0.22.0/
gnome-audio-1.4.0/
gnome-print-0.37/
gnumeric-1.1.13/
gtkhtml-0.16.1/
oaf-0.6.10/
pkgconfig-0.15.0/

when configure complained, I downloaded a tarball with the a newer
version ... recursively :-)

updated ld.so.conf if needed

popd back to the last failed package and continued

If in fact I have a lib or two that is "too old", isn't configure
suppose to catch that ?

/bobb

Bob Belanger robert.belanger at sun.com