Question about managing multiple currencies

Will Galway galway at pims.math.ca
Wed Mar 26 00:36:33 CST 2003

I'm a United States citizen living in Canada, so I have various assets
(e.g., checking accounts, money market accounts) in both currencies.
I had hoped that gnucash would let me handle that situation, but
either I don't understand how currencies work in gnucash, or gnucash's
concept of currencies is not sufficient for my needs.

Other than maintaining two completely separate sets of accounts, can
anyone make a suggestion on what I should do?  (Or what I should be
reading?)

I'm currently using gnucash 1.6.6, but I could upgrade...

I'm not a member of the gnucash-users mailing list, so please include
a reply to my e-mail address.

-- Regards, Will
( mailto:galway at pims.math.ca http://www.cecm.sfu.ca/~wfgalway )