Remove Bill/Vendor

Linas Vepstas linas at linas.org
Sat Mar 29 15:10:57 CST 2003

On Thu, Mar 27, 2003 at 06:40:36PM -0500, Derek Atkins was heard to remark:
> > so that at beginEdit() I could say "remember thyself", and then
> > at commitEdit() be able to simply say "save thyself to the audit trail".
>
> You could do it in C++ or Java.  In fact a lot of code would probably
> be a lot easier if we used C++..

Maybe in java, but last time I coded in C++ there was no concept
of metaobjects or object factories or any kind of dynamic object anything.
There's no 'save thyself' function in C++

> I dont think gobjects would help here.

Well, with gobjects, one can implement a 'save thyself' function.

> Maybe.  I'd rather see some of the core functionality completed (like
> getting lots finished, and getting stock accounts to work right).

I'm thinkinf of working on fifo's, needed for lots.  I'm plannin on implementing
one, a simple one, in C.   Long term, the reports need a variety of these
and done in scheme.  Any comments?

--linas