Is there a debug mode?

Laurent Duperval lduperval at videotron.ca
Wed Oct 8 01:22:16 CDT 2003

HI,

Is there a debug mode in GC that can be turned off? I noticed that my
home partition was almost full and while cleaning it out, I notice that
my .xsession-errors file was 125MB (!). I looked at it and a lot of the
messages I see ther are of this type:

INFO: Info: xaccTransCommitEdit: delete trans at addr=0x82c92c0
DEBUG: Enter: xaccFreeTransaction: addr=0x82c92c0
DEBUG: Enter: xaccFreeTransaction: addr=0x8765fa0
DEBUG: Leave: xaccFreeTransaction: addr=0x8765fa0
DEBUG: Leave: xaccFreeTransaction: addr=0x82c92c0
DEBUG: Enter: xaccTransCommitEdit: trans addr=0x82cc660
INFO: Info: xaccTransCommitEdit: descr is Microcell Salaire
INFO: Info: xaccTransCommitEdit: delete trans at addr=0x82cc660
DEBUG: Enter: xaccFreeTransaction: addr=0x82cc660
DEBUG: Enter: xaccFreeTransaction: addr=0x839e288
DEBUG: Leave: xaccFreeTransaction: addr=0x839e288
DEBUG: Leave: xaccFreeTransaction: addr=0x82cc660

This is all GNUCash info. I looked around the interface and I don't see
anything to turn off debugging. Is it a compile flag? How do I make GC
less verbose?

Thanks,

<Laurent Duperval> lduperval at videotron.ca

Murphy's Laws for Frequent Flyers
3.  If you arrive very early for a flight, it inevitably will be delayed.