qif import from quicken 2003

Jörg Becker joerg at elke-joerg.de
Tue Oct 21 23:33:25 CDT 2003

Hi,

thanks for your help!

The next problem was to find out the types for investment accounts.
These are not specified (or I didn't find it neither on the intuit page
nor on ohter pages with qif specifications). But I found the scheme code
of the qif importer and so I am happy. If there is anybody out there who
want to import from the german quicken (and for the developers of the
qif-importer) here is the mapping for the types I missed:
VersEin -> miscinc
VersEinX -> miscincx
ZinsEin -> intinc
ZinsEinX -> intincx
VersAus -> miscexp
VersAusX -> miscexpx

So this step is also solved. But I need some more help...
If i transfer money from a bank account to an investment account quicken
generates a VersEinX (I changed this to miscincx) transaction on the
investment account (see attachment). In quicken this is shown as cash on
the investment account, but gnucash ignores such transactions. Is there
an other type for such transactions? Or how must such a money transfer
looks like to be properly imported to gnucash?

Thanks for any help
Jörg