Italian keyboard

Sebastien Millet milletse at club-internet.fr
Thu Oct 23 21:40:42 CDT 2003

Hello,

> To-day I started using gnucash on Debian 3.0 using the files of a
> previous gnucash version of an older linux distribution (SuSE 7.1).
> All went well, apart from a little bug.
> I use an italian keybord with accented letters.
> Now, the names of the counts including these letters are shown
> correctly, while if I try to use them inside each count (i.e. the
> description of a transaction) this fails (no accented letter printed).
> How can I fix this?

I'm french and encountered the same problem, check your locales
settings. To test, open an xterm and type :
export LC_ALL=it_IT
(for bash, use setenv if you're using a C-shell)
then launch GNUCash from this xterm by typing :
gnucash

Then you should have accentuated letters.
To do this each time you launch GNUCash from your favorite windows
manager, you can create a script you launch in place of gnucash, with
for example :

#!/bin/bash
export LC_ALL=it_IT
gnucash

Or you can put "export LC_ALL=it_IT" in one of your boot script (i don't
know the Debian boot scripts) so that all applications use it. By doing
this, most of your applications will also use italian language (for
menus, etc) when available.

Hopes this helps.