[SLUG] finance under linux

Elizabeth Dodd edodd at medemail.com.au
Wed Sep 3 22:10:39 CDT 2003

On Wed, 3 Sep 2003 01:23 am, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Elizabeth Dodd <edodd at medemail.com.au> writes:
> > yes, but I don't have to usually deal with the invoicing bits with
> > gnucash. I haven't found adding customers intuitive.
>
> Could you please expand upon this statement?  In what way is adding
> customers non-intuitive?  Or are you not talking about GnuCash?
>
> Thanks,
>
> -derek
I was experimenting with gnucash to see if i could do office billing with it
for a medical practice. my education is in very practical things, not
accounting, and as usual when experimenting with software i didn't read any
documentation (what's new?). it took me many tries to add a customer and many
more to make an invoice. that's why i think it isn't intuitive.
after the event i realised that i was missing many things - that it was
pointless trying to add customers without the concept of accounts receivable
in use.
checking now, the customer is requested as a company, but i wanted to be able
to bill individuals, and they would fall into groups (families) and they need
to be able to change groups (eg leave home and be billed under their own
name)
I am a small part of a group building medical software (gnumed) and we will
eventually be needing gnucash for the other part of our daily work.
Liz
--
"What is wanted is not the will to believe, but the will to find out, which is
the exact opposite."