Price update fails

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Sep 11 11:58:42 CDT 2003

"John B. Egger" <john.egger at att.net> writes:

> Quicken. I'll keep working with it... 1.6.6 for a while, though. I
> briefly tried the 1.8 that was included in my Mandrake 9.1 CDs and it
> looked as if a lot of labor was going to be required to straighten out
> the account balances. I was also concerned about the lack of backward
> file compatability.

What do you mean by this statement?  1.8 should just read your 1.6
data file and it should be fine.  If it doesn't read your 1.6 data
file then that is a bug that needs to be corrected.

It *IS* true that it's hard to go back to 1.6 once you start using
1.8.  But 1.8 should 100% read 1.6's data file.