Reconciliation in the past

Jochen De Smet jdsmet at yucom.be
Wed Sep 17 02:04:31 CDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-09-16 at 13:48, Laurent Duperval wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have never used the reconciliation feature of GC. Now I want to
> reconcile everything with my bank statements, starting from January. But
> since I'm always interrupted (a wife and three children will do that to
> you), I want to do it month by month. Is this possible? I tried doing
> it, giving the date of the statement as Feb 1 2003. When I enter all the
> transactions, I end up with a Difference that is non-zero. Is this
> normal or not? I reviewed the statement and the entries and it looks
> like everything is OK. I chaecked and the difference is equal to a
> mortgage payment. However, the mortgage payment appears on my statement
> and in my GC sheet.
>
> Can anyone explain to me what (if?) I'm doing wrong?

You might want to scroll down your list of transactions in the
reconciliation window and make sure nothing is checked that you
didn't explicitely check yourself. I ran into a similar problem
and found out that gnucash will automatically put a checkmark
next to all transactions that are marked "cleared", no matter
whether they're before or after your reconciliation date.

--
Jochen De Smet <jdsmet at yucom.be>