Split transactions, imports, and the db backend

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Sep 17 11:09:39 CDT 2003

Scott Wood <woodsc at nycap.rr.com> writes:

> I'm useing REdhat 9, which included the 1.8.1 version.

Right, known bug in this version.

> I've just downloaded the 1.8.5 rpm file, but get a Segmentation fault
> error when trying to execute rpm -ivh <file name>.

Where did you download from?  Also, rpm -ivh is the incorrect
incantation, you want -Uvh (because you're Upgrading).

> I've never installed a linux program before (other than what came with
> the OS, of course).  What does this mean?  How do I get around it?
> Thanks,  --sw

Well, I'm not sure why rpm would segfault, actually... THat IS rather
odd.  Normally it would just fail.