Paycheck splits and matching

Jon Lapham lapham at extracta.com.br
Fri Sep 19 09:36:55 CDT 2003

Wes Gray wrote:
> I get my paycheck and enter it in manually as a split going to checking,
> taxes, etc.  Then later when I import a QIF for my checking account
> Gnucash doesn't bring the deposit to my checking account up as a
> possible duplicate/match to my manually entered one.  This was working
> fine when I was not splitting my check to taxes.  Any way to get it
> working again?

I can't help you here, sorry.

> Slightly related question, I'd like to get my paycheck split entry to
> happen automatically.  It looks like the scheduled transactions feature
> might do this, but I haven't found much documentation for it.  Have I
> overlooked something, or does this just need someone to write it?

After the first time that you enter your paycheck, the next time the
splits will be created automatically if you enter the same description
field name.  Just tab through the description once GnuCash recognizes it
and the splits should be created automatically.

For this reason I like to use the same description (ie: "Paycheck") and
enter other information which may vary in the Notes field (ie: "February
1-14", or whatever).

I'm not sure about using Scheduled Transactions for a paycheck, but I do
know that there is no documentation for doing this.  Heck, there is no
documentation on SXs at all.

--
  Jon Lapham  <lapham at extracta.com.br>          Rio de Janeiro, Brasil