International usage.

Agustin Cuenca agustin at loscuenca.com
Mon Sep 22 21:23:16 CDT 2003

Hi everyone,

It is my first post to the list  so I apologize if this is already
discussed, but I have browsed the list archives and I have not found
anything.

As you can tell form my English, I am Spanish, and being Spanish trying
to use GnuCash is a pretty complex issue, mainly if you think about
Small Business usage.

The main problem is not with literals or menus, or help but with the
usage of fiscal and banking concepts that are mainly Spanish, as there
are other that are country dependent.

Have this issues being already discussed?

How can I customize GnuCash (If I can) to fit the Spanish model? i.e.
Pension Plans have special tax implications.

Another examples are: VAT (different %), VAT payments, Soc Security
payments for SOHO, and much more.

Another issue is the chart of accounts. In Spain the rules of accounting
including names and account numbers are definned by law (Plan General
Contable), does any of you know of any one who has already created that
set of accounts?

When I have look arround for a set of accounts(minimal) to start up in
Spanish a SOHO file, I coudn't  find any in the net. If you think it is
appropriate I can share mine with the list.

Regards, Agustin.

Agustin Cuenca Guevara                     Tel. & fax +34 913 070 248
e-mail: agustin at loscuenca.com              Mobile +34 629 222  222
!!!!!!Yaba-daba-doooooooo !!!!!!!!. Fred Flintstone.

Este mensaje se dirige exclusivamente a su destinatario. Contiene
informacin CONFIDENCIAL sometida a secreto profesional o cuya divulgacin
est prohibida por la ley. Si ha recibido este mensaje por error, debe
saber que su lectura, copia y uso estn prohibidos. Le rogamos que nos lo
comunique inmediatamente por esta misma va o por telfono (34 913 070
248) y proceda a su destruccin.

El correo electrnico via Internet no permite asegurar la
confidencialidad de los mensajes que se transmiten ni su integridad o
correcta recepcin. No ser asumida ninguna responsabilidad por estas
circunstancias. Si el destinatario de este mensaje no consintiera la
utilizacin del correo electrnico va Internet y la grabacin de los
mensajes, rogamos lo ponga en nuestro conocimiento de forma inmediata.

This message is intended exclusively for its addressee. It contains
information that is CONFIDENTIAL and protected by a professional
privilege or whose disclosure is prohibited by law. If this message has
been received in error, you should know that it is forbidden to read,
copy or use it. Please immediately notify us via e-mail or by telephone
(34 913 070 248) and delete it.

Internet e-mail neither guarantees the confidentiality nor the integrity
or proper receipt of the messages sent. No liability will be assumed for
those circumstances. If the addressee of this message does not consent
to the use of Internet e-mail and message recording, please notify us
immediately.