No account selectable when posting a bill (v1.8.5)

Patrick Van der Veken Patrick.VanderVeken at pandora.be
Tue Sep 23 19:10:46 CDT 2003

On Tuesday 23 September 2003 17:54, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Patrick Van der Veken <Patrick.VanderVeken at pandora.be> writes:
> > On Tuesday 23 September 2003 17:13, Derek Atkins wrote:
> > > Uh, do you have any accounts of type A/Payable?
> >
> > Yes, plenty unless their properties have changed since 1.8.2? As said,
> > once I downgraded my GnuCash to v1.8..2 everything worked normal again.
>
> No offense, but I dont believe you.  Go to your main account window,
> click on an AP account, click "edit", and tell me which line is
> highlighted in the "Account Type" list.
>
> Also, what do you mean by "plenty"?  You only need one AP account.
>
> > Regards,
>
> -derek

Actually you are right. Never really thought about this. But what I do when I
post a bill is post into an account of type bank. Isn't this the normal
procedure? And why do they show in 1.8.2 but not in 1.8.5?

Patrick Van der Veken
KUDOS BVBA - Baan/UNIX Consultancy
patrick_at_kudos.cx - patrick.vanderveken_at_pandora.be
http://www.ux-core.com - http://www.baanboard.com
Tel: +32.477.63.52.55 - Fax: n/a
500 EURO per message, and acknowledges the legality of this contract