qif import from quicken 2003

Jörg Becker joerg at elke-joerg.de
Sat Sep 27 17:14:58 CDT 2003

Hi,

I would like to migrate from Quicken 2003 (the german version from
lexware) to gnucash (1.8.5), but I have some problems with the qif
import. The qif parser outputs the following error message while reading
the attached qif file generated by quicken:

qif-parse:parse-acct-type : unhandled account type D... substituting Bank.
qif-parse:parse-acct-type : unhandled account type NVerbindl....
substituting Bank.

Is there anywhere a list with the account types accepted by the
qif-parser? And/Or has anybody hints for importing quicken exported
files? This was my way:

Like explained in the only detailed qif-import description I found
(gnucash/docs/v1.6) I exported all accounts, the account list and the
category list. But taking a look at the export file I am confused about
the type of the account 'Verbindl.'. I am right, if I see three types
for this account? Like the qif parser I see the the two different types
from the account and the transaction list, additionaly I see a third
type called õ in the transaction list. Propably the qif parser could not
solve that problem, but I hope that I can correct the export file
manualy. But therefore I need a list of account types accepted by the
qif-parser.

Thanks for any help
Joerg