Resizing (?) Options window

Doctorcam cam at ellisonpsychology.ca
Tue Apr 20 14:46:17 EDT 2004

* Derek Atkins (warlord at MIT.EDU) wrote:

> No, I think you need the gnome-1.4 version of the control panel.  I
> honestly don't know for sure, as the fonts have never been a problem
> for me.  Note that monitor size has nothing to do with it, it's all a
> matter of #pixels.  I've got a 15" monitor that has more resolution
> than my 19" upstairs.  Why?  This one does 1400x1050, the one upstairs
> is only 1200x1024.

This I know.  I have mine set at 1280x1020.

I have installed gnome-control-center (2.4.1), and reset the fonts,
and I get nada.  Should it not reset once I close the font window?
(Yes, the changes are still there, so they were accepted, one
presumes.)  I notice that on restarting the control center, its fonts
are still quite large.  I'm not used to gnome - is there something I
need to do in addition?  I'd prefer not to reboot.

Thanks

Cam

--
Cam Ellison  Ph.D.  R.Psych. #01417