help search

Harry Putnam reader at newsguy.com
Thu Aug 5 11:48:58 EDT 2004

Harry Putnam <reader at newsguy.com> writes:

> I wanted a way to revert the current session back to its state when I
> started it.  I've made deletions I want back.
>
> Opening help and searching on `revert' shows a pointer to:
>   gnucash-help/usage.html
>
> I don't see a hit on revert so after scrolling a while I'm wondering
> if I can search this huge page somehow.  I don't see a way provided.
>
> Finally I quit the session without saving and restarted.
>
> Is there a more refined way to this?

I found the part about the auto saved files.  Pretty cool.
But still in this particular case none of them are really right
either.  Other changes are evident in them that I don't want reverted.

I really just needed to erase an imported *.qxf file that I allowed to
be swallowed without adjusting each transaction for the other half.

A mass delete of some kind would be nice.  I'm probably overlooking
some technique that allows that.