setting up a scheduled transaction

Dino Vliet dino_vliet at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 20 02:40:42 EDT 2004

Hi people,

I'm busy with setting up my accounts in Gnucash 1.8.8
and  I have a problem with scheduled transactions.

My situation is as follows:
I get a loan from a government institution for doing a
education and receive a monthly income of 600 euro's.

I want to setup a scheduled transaction for this in
Gnucash to record that my checking's account increase
monthly by 600 euro's but at the same time my
Liability increases with this value of 600 also.

How do I accomplish this with gnucash? Can I do it in
one transaction or do I have to set up two scheduled
transactions on the same date where the one increases
my Checkings Account and the other one increase my
Liability?

In the template transaction part of the scheduled
transaction, I've filled in:
number, description, account,debit formula where debit
formula is the value of 600. Is this correct?

I hope to hear from you,

Brgds