New to list, couple of questions

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Mon Dec 6 15:03:32 EST 2004

On Sat, 2004-12-04 at 13:28, Kevin Ludovic wrote:

> 1.  I've been using the SX function for quite some time to remind me
> of my recurring monthly billing and keep track of paychecks.  Just
> started to play with the formulas section.  I am trying to set up
> paychecks so that I just have to enter the gross amount and it
> calculates taxes and net.  Have figured out how to get the tax
> calculations, but am having a little trouble with the net calculation.
> Are there any guidelines to follow when setting up the calculations?
> If so, I suggest the be added to the manual as this section is very
> vague.

There aren't any guidelines around this.

You'll basically have to re-produce the calculations.  For instance, if
gross is "p" and taxes are 20%, then "p", "(p*0.2)" and "p-(p*0.2)"
should work as the formulae.  I guess it'd be nice if there was a
"remainder()" function to basically re-produce the auto-balance
functionality... so the formulae could be "p", "(p*0.2)" and
"remainder()".

But I'm not quite sure what your problem is ... a bit more detail,
perhaps?

...jsled