associate jpeg image of reciept with a transaction?

jdebert jdebert at garlic.com
Tue Dec 7 14:36:17 EST 2004

Adam Megacz wrote:
> So, the killer feature I'm looking for in an accounting app is the
> ability to attach arbitrary files to transactions.  Specifically,
> jpegs of my scanned reciepts.

I was thinking also how nice it would be to have a link to external
data, such as images, for each line item.

I was thinking that perhaps adding an url field to use for external
links would be useful. That would allow a relatively unlimited variety
of files to be linked to each transaction/line item, etc.

Linking would be done manually or via a wizard which might be able to
associate check image filenames with check transactions.

Unfortunately I have not done any programming beyond machine code and a
few hacks here and there to C sources.

Adding a new field would probably best be left to those most familiar
with the data structure, though. :(

I've started suggesting to Bank of America that they consider providing
a downloadable statement with all check images included. Such a
downloaded statement would be something very useful to link to transactions.

=-=