Error in Procedure dynamic-link

Adam Mackridge mackridge at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 12:40:21 EST 2004

Have just installed GnuCash v.1.8.9-14 via Fink onto my Mac OS X v.
10.3.7.

If i load X11 (v. 4.3.0) and type gnucash in /sw/bin, i get:
bash: gnucash: command not found

if i run Michael Elliott's Gnucash Launcher (v. 0.1), i get a different
error:
ERROR: In procedure dynamic-link:
ERROR: file: "libgw-gnc", message: "dicompat: invalid handle"

I've downloaded the most recent version of X11 and gnucash and still
get the error.

what am i doing wrong? do i need to download anything else? do i need
to update anything?

any help appreciated.

- I am a newbie to X11, having only recently moved over from win to
mac. i only have limited experience of *nix text based controls
(through telnet and linux playing) so i  need answers in a basic
fashion, although i'm not afraid of using text based interfaces.

Thanks