year end

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Dec 28 19:16:31 EST 2004

Tom from Cary <tom0613 at mindspring.com> writes:

> I sure don't recommend that you take my word for this, but it's possible
> that the answer may be: you can't.  I use GnuCash 1.6.6, and it's my
> impression that in that release, at least, GnuCash simply has no concept
> of a fiscal year.

In the various report options you can set the start date and end date
of the reports to anything you wish.  There is even a "Fiscal Year
Start" and "Fiscal Year End" option, but those default to July 1/June
30.  There's no way to change that.

Gnucash also has no "end of year" processing, so there's no way to
"close the books".  But that's ok -- the reports all do the right
thing and handle data across year boundaries.