GNUCash on TurboLinux Desktop 10

Linas Vepstas linas at linas.org
Sat Jul 10 00:32:12 EDT 2004

Hi,

Please update http://gnomesupport.org/wiki/index.php/GnuCashInstall
with the info below.

On Tue, Jun 29, 2004 at 04:40:41PM -0500, Brent Scott was heard to remark:
> All,
>
> About 6 months ago I set out to build GNUCash for TurboLinux
> Workstation 8. I had offered to build the RPM's for public distribution,
> but since it required too much modification to the default library
> installations, I was not able to build RPMS. I was able to get it
> installed and running on two machines before I called it quits.
>
> I have now installed the latest version of my favorite distro, and
> have again tackled the GNUCash installation.  This time, I did not need
> to make modifications to the default install, but had to add a lot of
> deficient packages (11 in total) that were not included on CD. However,
> since I am installing it on 4 different computers, I tackled the RPM
> option of all packages including GNUCash itself. If someone is
> interested, I can make the binary, and even updated source rpms
> available for posting to the GNUCash website for any others who would
> like to install it on TurboLinux 10. It would save someone many hours
> (18 total) in finding the correct versions, compiling, and install

I think it would be a *lot* better if you posted these to whatever
website the turbolinux people expect to find thier rpms.
(Is it rpmfind.net? I dunno).   If people want package xyz.rpm, they
won't think 'gee I can find that on the Linux website' and I'm not
sure google is that good ...

> order. I'm also working on a script that tests for all distro
> requirements and installs the non-distro binaries I created. I also have
> instructions for building from source RPMS and where I got them that I
> can make available if there is interest.

--linas