generic sql [wasRe: The Gnucash database?]

Jean-David Beyer jdbeyer at exit109.com
Thu Jul 22 11:25:25 EDT 2004

Derek Atkins wrote:
[snip]
>>and all the SQL stuff is hidden.
>

> Agreed.  This is a major goal IMHO, to hide SQL from the rest of gnucash.

Of course. And for all I know, that is just how gnucash handles this already.

I.e., if I really wanted to develop a DB2 version myself, I would just get
the source code, find the functions where the SQL interface is, and modify
that to talk to DB2 instead of postgreSQL or whatever gnucash uses in the
dbms version.

--
   .~.  Jean-David Beyer           Registered Linux User 85642.
   /V\                             Registered Machine   241939.