GST - How to calculate / manage / track GST.

Doctorcam cam at ellisonpsychology.ca
Tue Jun 8 09:47:18 EDT 2004

* Elizabeth Dodd (liz at billiau.net) wrote:
> On Tue, 8 Jun 2004 15:38, Serkano wrote:
> > I´m still not sure how to manage / track / gst (tax) stuff...
> >
> > How do you manage GST in GnuCash?
> >
> > Where do you set the GST Value 10%?
> >
> > Thanks
> >

> When you set up writing bills through Gnucash you do set the tax rate at 10%
> somewhere in there.
> Liz

Go to File -> Properties to set the rate.  The popup is
self-explanatory.  Also, RTFM.  Download and install gnucash-docs if
you haven't already done so.  Please consult the manual before you start
asking questions here.

When you create an invoice you will see on each entry line a couple of
Xs, one to indicate that tax is payable, and the other to indicate
that it is included.  Clicking on either field turns it on or off.  At
the bottom of the display are the totals (after you press Enter)for
both the items and the tax, as well as their sum.

Cam

--
Cam Ellison  Ph.D.  R.Psych. #01417

Cam Ellison & Associates Ltd.