building with recent g-wrap fails

Harry Putnam reader at newsguy.com
Tue Jun 15 13:33:25 EDT 2004

David Hampton <hampton at employees.org> writes:

> That's rarely true when compiling a program.  In general, the 'xxx'
> package satisfies runtime requirements, but the 'xxx-devel' package is
> needed to satisfy the additional compile time requirements.  You need to
> install the g-wrap-devel package.
>
> David

Yup, I knew that too... no brain at work here.

Still, after installing the devel I'm erroring out on finding ghttp.

  [...]  Unknown library `ghttp' Unknown library `ghttp' checking for
  ghttp_request_new in -lghttp... no configure: error: Cannot find
  ghttp. See the README and config.log for more info.

That is not a package that fedora knows about.  And even though the
error says to look at README, it isn't mentioned in the README or
INSTALL files.  I see some mention in NEWS and changelog.1 but not
enough to actually be informative.