Wrong GST/TAX Calculations.

Advertisement advertisement at optusnet.com.au
Fri Jun 18 01:19:59 EDT 2004

Hi there,

Thanks for your previous posts, been doing some reading about accounting
but ran into a a problem which I cannot fix at all.

In Australia, we have to charge GST (TAX) of 10% to applicaple items. In
theory, $100 item has $10 of GST (10%). But in some accounting books I
read, they say to calculate the GST, devide $100 by 11 resulting 9.0909*

Also i'm trying to use invoicing feature in Gnucash, I can generate
invoices etc.. but I re-write up the Invoice in a Excel sheet because
printing invoices in GNUCash is not that really good, GST (TAX)
Calculated by GnuCash is different from the GST that I calculate using
an Excel spreadsheet using the same values (In excel sheet I multiple
the value by .1, so 100 becomes 10).

Any ideas? I can't seem to find the solution.

Greatly appreciated.