What to use for Red Hat Enterprise Server 3 ES?

Mark Eackloff meackloff at cox.net
Tue Mar 2 01:20:50 CST 2004

I was in the same situation but I figured it out.  Have less hair now as a
result.  Since I thought I might need to do this again I kept notes.  I am
attaching an OpenOffice doc that explains the dependencies, what packages
(and versions) and from what RH releases to get them.  Since you have RHEL3
ES I am assuming that you have OpenOffice.  There are some comments to
myself in the document concerning where I'm backing up the non-RHEL3
packages in case I need to do this again.  Ignore these.  I suggest you
work from the bottom of the list up to avoid dependancy gliches.

Once your up and running you can safely remove all packages with "devel"
in the name.  There needed for building but not running.

Good luck.