[Fwd: Re: 401K and Employer Contribution Part 2]

T. Cabugao tycabugao at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 10 18:00:02 CST 2004

Robert C. Ramsdell III wrote:
> One question.  What happens to the earnings of the unvested portion?  Are
> they unvested as well?

I inquired with my plan provider today and I was told that, yes,
earnings from the unvested portion are unvested as well. The employer
receives the earnings if I leave the company before vesting. She did
confirm that they will separate vested earnings from unvested earnings
in the quarterly statements.So, in gnucash, I will then have to create
two income accounts as well to separate the two.