Trying to build GnuCash 1.8.8 from source for RHEL3

Mark Eackloff meackloff at cox.net
Tue Mar 16 14:23:52 CST 2004

John Reynolds wrote:

>I seem to remember a discussion on this subject sometime in the last month or
>two, with some instructions on how to make it work. I'm sorry I can not be of
>direct help. Check the archives, I believe this has been addressed.
>
>JR

Yea.  Search the archives where subject contains "What to use for Red
Hat Enterprise Server 3 ES?" or  "Want to be a gnucash user"  First post
was March 1.  Note that it's hight desireable to install from the rpm.
The gnucash page has links that will eventually direct you to
http://people.redhat.com/notting/gnucash/  for
gnucash-1.8.8-0.9.i386.rpm  This is what I used.