Gdk Warning

Tristan Chase ubu69 at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 20 08:24:49 CST 2004

On Wednesday, Mar 17, 2004, at 08:18 America/New_York, Josh Sled wrote:

> On Wed, 2004-03-17 at 06:22, Tristan Chase wrote:
>
>> I compiled GnuCash in my own user account on my machine. I thencreated
>> a new user for my bookkeeping. Whenever I open GnuCash as thenew user,
>> I get this message in the terminal window:
>>
>> Gdk Warning **: locale not supportedby C library
>>
>> It doesn't seem to hinder the program (although I mustadmit I haven't
>> done much with it yet, so I couldn't say what worksand what doesn't).
>> Anyone have any insights to this particular problem?
>
> Can you give the output of the following command as both yourself and
> the 'new user'?
>
> % env | egrep "(LANG|LC)"
>
> ...jsled
>
> --
> http://www.asynchronous.org/ - `a=jsled; b=asynchronous.org; echo
> ${a}@${b}`
> # A: Because it breaks the flow of normal conversation.
> # Q: Why don't we put the response before the request?

I am not really sure if I accomplished anything with your
suggestion/question. I am able to type the command as both users, but I
don't see that it makes any difference. I'm still getting the warning
when I open GnuCash in any user account other than mine.

Here is a little background:
OS=Mac OS 10.2.6
Installed with fink

Maybe these facts make a difference.