huge files

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Sat May 15 10:33:19 EDT 2004

What do you mean by "tared weekly data files"?  Are you using tar to
save your home directory?  If so, 500M for that is fairly reasonable,
considering that you've got 30 days of backup and log files in there.
I'd be very surprised if your actual data file is that large.  My data
file for my business (using gnucash since 1 Jan 2003) is only about
500K.

-derek