Recording transactions which will be taxed in the future

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon May 17 22:07:42 EDT 2004

Store the tax-you-owe as a Liability, then you can offset that liability
in any way you wish when it comes to paying it.  The best way to do this
is probably an "extra" transaction.  You just need to record this when
you actually make the purchase, rather than figuring it out later.

FWIW, Indiana isn't the only place to do this -- Massachusetts does
it now, too.  :(  Stupid Tax Collectors...  Feh..

-derek