Business: Balance Sheet gives incorrect values

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Nov 25 18:31:24 EST 2004

HI,

Quoting Laurent Duperval <lduperval at videotron.ca>:

> Hi,
>
> I have a problem with the Balance Sheet report. When I look at it, it
> says that I have some unpaid receivables. But when I look at the
> Customer reports, all of them state (correctly) that all clients have paid.
>
> I'm assuming something went wrong the last time I entered a payment for
> one of the accounts. How do I recover from that? Will
> unposting/reposting/process payment do the trick? Or do I have to
> manually remove the problemetic transaction (I found what it was)? Or is
> there another way to do it?

If you found the errant transaction then you should fix it.  How you fix it
depends on what kind of transaction at is that is errant.  If it's a payment
transaction then you can just delete it (and then re-apply if necessary).  If
it's an invoice txn, then you can unpost/correct/repost the invoice.  You
shouldn't need to unpost the payment transaction associated with the invoice.