Bills not showing up as paid

Russell P. Sutherland russ at quist.ca
Mon Apr 4 19:16:09 EDT 2005

I am running GnuCash v 1.8.10 on a Debian Linux system:

$ dpkg -l | grep -i cash
ii  gnucash        1.8.10-10      A personal finance tracking program
ii  gnucash-common 1.8.10-10      A personal finance tracking program
ii  gnucash-docs   1.8.5-1        Documentation for gnucash, a personal financ

My problem lies in the fact that once I enter a Bill:

	Business->Vendor->New Bill

and then make the bill payment using:

	Business-Vendor->Find Vendor->Select Vendor->Vendors Bills

upon subsequent looks at the Vendors Bill the Paid flag
is left unchecked, even though the Bill has indeed been paid.

The proper amount has been transferred from the:

	Assets:Chequing Bank Account Register
to the
	Liabilities:Accounts Payable Register

and the proper amount appears in the appropriate Expense Account.

Is there a bug or am I doing something fundamentally wrong?

Quist Consulting		Email: russ at quist.ca
219 Donlea Drive 		Voice: +1.416.696.7600
Toronto ON  M4G 2N1		Cell:  +1.416.803.0080
CANADA				WWW:   http://www.quist.ca