horrible crash HELP

Andrew Sackville-West andrew at farwestbilliards.com
Fri Apr 8 21:39:19 EDT 2005

Okay, running 1.8.10. Have been using for a few months pretty smooth,
but here is what has just happened.

Updating some reports and I noticed that some of the numbers weren't
adding up right. This happens now and then and I just save the file,
exit, restart and all works great. So I did that, came back in and I
notice some of my SX aren't right. The actual transaction information is
missing. hmm... now it gets fuzzy because all of the sudden I'm looking
at my blank terminal session and the prompt. okay. so I restart and it
gives me the "can't obtain a lock" problem and I click "open anyway" as
I know it was saved... then it tries to open the file and kicks out to
the terminal "Segmentation Fault"

yikes.

I try a different file by using the command line to select the file
name. This one seg faults too... Then (2 out of 3 businesses down, why
not keep going?) I pull up the third one by launching gnucash, when it
says "can't obtain lock"  I choose "create new file" or whatever it is.
Then I cancel out of the wizard and use the "open recent" menu to open
the third business. It works fine. So then I turn off the SX autorun as
that was the last thing I messed with AND this third file has no SX. Try
to open the other files -- same problem - Seg Fault kills the program.

HELP!

Andrew