1.8.1 upgrade 1.8.11 doesn't recognize old accounts/files

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Apr 20 12:06:27 EDT 2005

GnuCash uses a bunch of files to remember state:

  $HOME/.gnome/GnuCash
  $HOME/.gnucash/...
  $HOME/path/to/your/datafile

All of these need to be retained across the update.  It sounds like you did not
save the first of these.  Did you try File -> Open and supply your data file?

-derek