problems getting online price quotes

David Hampton hampton at employees.org
Sat Feb 5 15:05:04 EST 2005

On Sat, 2005-02-05 at 12:23 +0100, Anders Vinjar wrote:
> Right.
>
> Seems the date field is'nt returned from Yahoo.  So this problem
> is somewhere at yahoo.finance?

Yes.  Yahoo is returning a bad date for this stock.  I pulled the data
by hand and double checked.  Interestingly enough, if you put this stock
into the yahoo Finance website, you also see the "Jan 1" date there.
IIRC, yahoo just displays the data it receives from Reuters and
elsewhere, so the problem could be yahoo or it could be further up the
line.

David