rpm he... err heck, 1.8.8 -> 1.8.10 update fails

Derrick Ashby daeroncs at fastmail.fm
Mon Feb 7 06:21:51 EST 2005

E Dodd wrote:

>On Monday 07 February 2005 11:31, Donna-n-Doug Finner wrote:
>

>>36  HOURS for KDE????  Wow!  I may pass on this for right now.  What I
>>need to do is think out a plan for getting Gnucash stable somewhere so
>>I don't have to worry about the app then work on a system
>>configuration that I can play with.  My home network is an ad hoc cut
>>and paste patchwork that may be ready for some serious config
>>management.
>>
>>Thanks for the tip on Gentoo - I'll give it a look.
>>

>Of course the Debian users feel very superior at this point
>We'd recommend Debian, using an easyinstall Live Cd system and then apt-get
>whatever you 'd like or need.
>Liz

Gentoo starts with a livecd as well.  What you get with itm, though, is
the ability to easily customise and optimise your system.  If you
compile everything you install you can optimise it to your processor.
The Linux computer I use on a daily basis is a 5 year old Pentium III,
and it's plenty fast enough.  Before I installed gentoo I imagined that
compiling my own kernel was going to be really difficult, but it
wasn't.  The last time I tried installing Debian I frankly admit to
being baffled by the install process, but that was a while ago.  I
expect it 's got easier. :-)

Derrick