newbie question

Jason Tesser JTesser at nbbc.edu
Sun Jan 16 10:00:36 EST 2005

I have read through the how to and the documentation but I am still not getting on thing.  I set up all
my assets, liabilities, expenses etc..  I have credit cards under liabilities and different monthly
expenses under expenses.  I want to be able to see what my expenses are on a month to month basis.
So for example I can see that this month so far I have spent $1,000 in the following areas.  Do I
have to keep a different file for each month.  That is a pain because I would have to reenter all
balances etc.. What is the best way to do this?