Unbearably slow load time

Cliff Dyer jcliffdyer at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 1 11:42:03 EST 2005

I did a little more digging, and discovered that the problem
seems to be rather widespread across gnome.  (I wasn't
actually using the gnome desktop, so I didn't notice too
much); nautilus is another big problem app for this ridiculous
lag.  But knowing that, I was able to find some more useful
information in the NetBSD mailing lists, and it looks like the
problem is in the pth libraries that NetBSD 1.6.2 uses, so
I'm upgrading to 2.0.  NetBSD makes it pretty easy to
upgrade OS versions.